October 8, 2009

it's the little things in life...

in the last few days, i've felt an incredible awareness of the little things each day that i didn't have the same appreciation for prior to having cancer. i like to have the ability to 'thank' cancer for things, and i know that each time i thank cancer for something, i've already beaten it. also, as someone on the forum said every day that we wake up aware that we're alive, we've won. so, wake up every day and be aware of something you're thankful for. some of the little things i am thankful for...

`the transformation of trees in fall
`enjoying a cup of coffee without having anything else to do
`the way dogs seem so happy when they're on a walk
`when my students tell me they like my hair...having no idea i cut it off to make it less noticeable for them when it starts to fall out
`hearing a song on the radio that you've forgotten about
`the innocence with which the students i work for face the world

...the world is full of amazement and little things, look for it.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, I like to remember what little things make me smile too. thanks for making me remember that!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete